CHRIStMAS [PRESENT] // Advent+Christmas 2017 at Salt House
Advent, the four darkest weeks of the year leading up to Christmas, is a time for slowing down and paying attention. Yet – the expectations we feel to shop, party, cook, and eat – clutter our days - often leaving us scattered, stressed and short wicked.
This year, we focus on the practice of MINDFULNESS and what it means to SHOW UP during Advent and Christmas. What does Christmas really look and feel like when we are truly PRESENT to ourselves, our families, our loss, and our joy. And as we engage with this season of waiting and expectation we are reminded that God is always up to something even in the midst of our own darkness and doubts.
During Advent, we'll have several opportunities for connection, engagement, and giving.
- Weekly worship that explore our theme of CHRISTMAS [PRESENT] for the 4 Sundays of Advent
- Advent daily practice for devotion and prayer
- Deck the Halls Party & Advent Crafts
- Advent Yoga on Thursday evenings staring Nov. 30th
- Community meals on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month
- Christmas Eve worship at 4:30pm on Dec. 24 - an immersive, candlelit experience.
We will NOT meet for our regular worship time on Christmas Eve morning.
December 24, 2017 // 4:30pm
Christmas eve is on a SUNDAY this year. We will not have services on Sunday morning, but please join us in the evening for a candlelit service with time for quiet + prayer, band-led Christmas songs + hymns, a fresh Christmas message and Holy Communion. All are welcome + accepted. Come as you are. Childcare available for young ones.