Lent 2018 FALLING UPWARD
Lent, the six weeks spanning Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday, a word that means “spring,” has for nearly two-thousand years been a season of spiritual spring-cleaning. A time to honestly examine who we are and who we are becoming.
This season, we are engaging with our theme of FALLING UPWARD - The Jesus-story invites us to see how the catalyst of transformation that moves us upward actually begins in letting go, falling to the ground, being buried, dying. That’s how growth happens. To be like seeds. The journey up actually begins by moving down.
For Lent 2018 at Salt House
- Share daily readings (see the reading schedule) in the book: “Pauses for Lent"
- Experiential, engaging worship on Sundays engaging with our theme: Falling Upward
- Join an engagement group connected to our book.
ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH DURING LENT
As we read the devotional book together, we're hosting three ways to connect and engage in the content. Sign up for one (or more) of these connection groups (below):
- Facebook Group - Comment and dialogue about your reflections and experiences. Sign up on FB here.
- Text & Txt Group - Text with a small group daily with your thoughts on the day's reading.
- In-Person "Live-Action" Group - Meet up with others at a local coffee shop for conversation.
Feb 14 - Ash Wednesday | Worship at 7:00pm
Feb 18 - Lent 1 | Worship at 10:00am
Feb 25 - Lent 2 | Worship at 10:00am
Mar 4 - Lent 3| Worship at 10:00am
Mar 11 - Lent 4| Worship at 10:00am
Mar 18 - Lent 5| Worship at 10:00am
Mar 25 - Palm Sunday| Worship at 10:00am
Mar 30 - Good Friday | Worship at 9:15pm
Apr 1 - Easter Sunday | Worship at 10:00am