Great news! The New Bethlehem Day Center for families experiencing homelessness on the East-side will be opening on November 6! A join mission of the folks at Holy Family Parish in Kirkland, Catholic Community Services, Salt House, and all the New Bethlehem Project participants. Thanks be to God!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO VOLUNTEER?
Hours of operation: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sunday –Thursday
More questions about volunteering? Our FAQ on Volunteering should help!
VOLUNTEER SHIFTS NEEDED DAILY:
1 Kitchen Lead
- Supervise the kitchen and dining room.
- Assure that kitchen is kept running smoothly and that guests are getting what they need.
- Serve snacks and assure that volunteers who bring meals are directed.
- Supervise the set-up and clean-up of food.
- Communicate with staff when needed.
1 Laundry/Shower Lead
- Supervise the schedule for laundry and showers.
- Assure that guests have the supplies needed.
- Help keep the area tidy and supervise cleaning.
- Assure that towels are being laundered in a timely manner.
A dinner meal will be needed every Sunday –Thursday.
Meals are to arrive between 4-6 PM to be served at 6:30 PM.
Volunteers for the meals:
- Provide dinner for all attending the Day Center.
- May choose to stay, serve the meal and visit with guests.
- Our kitchen is designed for warming only, not preparing.
We would love for you to stay and serve the wonderful meal that you have prepared. If you choose to do so, at least one person from your group needs to have gone through the orientation and completed the Volunteer Application. If you are dropping off your meal, you do not need to have attended an Orientation or completed the Volunteer Application.
Excited to start making meals but can’t find a spot open on the schedule? Consider making a meal for one of these organizations.
2 volunteers needed from 12:30 - 1:30 PM, Sunday - Thursday.
Cleaning needs include:
- Vacuum the living and dining areas.
- Run a couple of loads of laundry (towels and bathrobes).
- Clean the showers and restock with toiletries.
- Help organize and clean supplies and storage areas.
TUTORS, COMPUTER HELP, ETC.
Additional volunteer opportunities will be added in these areas after we learn more about our guests and their needs.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
- Attend an orientation. Volunteer orientations will be held routinely and we will post upcoming dates.
- Complete the Volunteer Application.
- After an orientation has been attended and your forms have been completed, you will be directed to an online sign-up to choose your shifts.
UPCOMING ORIENTATION DATES
- Adult Orientation Nov 20th at 12:30 PM
- Teen Orientation Dec 4th 12:30 PM
Orientation will be held at The New Bethlehem Day Center:11920 NE 80TH ST, SUITE 100, Kirkland WA
Please RSVP to email@example.com to register for an orientation.
Dec 11th 11:30AM - 1:30PM