HOLY SPIRIT LUTHERAN CHURCH
This past Sunday (January 28), Holy Spirit Lutheran Church held a congregational meeting to vote on 3 items related to Salt House. Pastor Sara and Kim Saunders presented on behalf of the Salt House community and, after announcing a financial gift to Holy Spirit from the proceeds of the sale, they received a standing ovation! There were three ballot measures related to Salt House:
- Selling a portion of Salt House land to the City of Kirkland for a permanent 24-hour shelter,
- Requesting early release of Joy Campaign funds to Salt House in the total of $148,000, and
- Approving our timeline of Salt House becoming and independent congregation by July 1, 2018.
All three measures passed! Thank you to everyone who made time to attend the meeting and vote.
MEALS TEAM UPDATE - RESTRUCTURE INFO
On Sunday, Pastor Sara updated us (watch here) on the restructure of our Meals Team. Please consider getting involved this season. There are several ways you can help ensure our value of eating together continues to be a fun and sustainable experience. Sign up to help on our SERVE FORM.
The Meals Team is looking for a few more volunteers. Here are the specific areas you can get plugged in:
- Team: Cooking for the first-Sunday-of-the-month meal, helping with set-up OR clean up on 1st and 3rd Sundays (when in town).
- First-Sunday Substitutes: Cook when the team can't.
- Scheduler(s): Manage online sign-ups and email communication between the Team and the wider community.
- Clean-up Experts: Help orient and direct folks on meal Sundays to ensure clean-up goes smoothly.