Thanks to all for attending yesterday’s meeting. Below please find notes from the discussion. This will also be posted on the SH website.
Scaffolding team updates:
Events – Danielle, Erin
· Should we consider a quarterly event at Hopelink – scheduling can be difficult since they don’t have many evening options
· 192 Brewery in Kenmore (September Thirdsty Thursday)
· Cosmic Bowling (September 11)
· Haunted Trails @ Bastyr (October)
· Ugly sweater run (November proposal by Linnea) - November 28 at 11:00am, Marymoor Park
Food – Nancy (Sara representing)
· Octoberfest (theme for October 4 meal)
Space - Riley
· Request for Nursery – gate in front of the windows
· Painting request for Bill – Pr. Sara to follow-up
· Kim & Michelle to host a ‘plant moving’ party in late September to fill in patio spaces – invitation to come
Children – Michelle
· Need to hire new Nursery Team Leader, job description is posted but no applicants yet
· Need to make a transition plan between end of August (current staff commitment) and newly hired team lead start date
· Volunteer list continuing to grow (a few more people Safe Haven trained), continue to want more folks to sign up
· Safe Haven training – next opportunity September 15
Small groups – Sara et al
· Looking to ramp up in September
· Leaders who have expressed interest: Sean, Riley, Leslie, Tim (maybe)
· Consider having child care provided – not great experiences in the past for this kind of setting
Administration -- Sean
· Working with Colin (new custodian)
· Lease/building use – working to develop new contract
· Relationship-driven communications –how does the organization communicate with the people – relevant, engaging?
o Not a lot ofback and forth – how communication works, want some feedback (add question to the survey next week)
o Social media – best is social – ways to nurture social activity, genuine engagement – need to figure that out – connected to people?
Worship – Jason
· Consider Salt House Saturday night, additional special music events/fund raisers (Ryan suggested worship team do a concert)
Missional Leaders gathering in Portland last week (Pr. Sara, Jason, Linnea, Kim attended)
· 2 day training with teams from across US/Canada, all working on new church plants (development or redevelopment in current congregation)
· Worship opportunity with Salt & Light Church, also grown from current church congregation, very similar architecture/reuse in the “round”; important to explicitly welcome diversity
o Great diversity in room (race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, background, passion area)
o Chance to meet/talk to/learn from others
o Notice we are actually fairly far along in our ministry development by comparison
o Fail often, fail fast (theme from many start-up companies, reflected in this context)
o Recommitment to Salt House focus on millennials with increased intentionality toward RELATIONSHIPS
Brainstorm on Outreach and Relationship Building
· Representing the brand - “wear the button”
· Need to know people’s names – name tags?
· Followup outside of Sundays – pie, bread, etc.
o Ask for phone only?
o Text in advance of Sunday service
o Texting – group texting
o Post cards?
o Welcome packet with more complete information (esp for those coming from more traditional church background)
· Welcome team is needed
o Develop a list of people to pray about, follow-up with
o Dani volunteered to be on team to do so
o Welcome minister with dedicated focus?
· Football – there are 3 Sunday @ 5:30 Seahawks game times
o Propose we try a Game Dinner/Worship on Sunday September 20
o Alternative game table available (Michelle to host)
· Lake Washington HS - need space during year for testing?
HSLC “Salt House Joy Campaign” (capital campaign) discussion with Dave Papenhausen (HSLC council chair) and Bill Garrity (finance)
· Proposing a campaign to close “deficit budget” gap
· A stewardship drive to secure 3-year pledge commitments for Salt House support from HSLC members
· Need to focus on plan at Salt House to ensure our focus on closing the deficit as well
· One member pledged $25,000 already
· Some possibility of “matching”
· Tim Nausin = Salt House liaison to HSLC campaign team
· Discussion/vote expected at HSLC September council meeting (Tues September 8)